Succulent BBQ chicken drumsticks with a clean handle so you don’t get messy fingers!!
- 10-12 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 50ml Soy Sauce
- 300ml Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 White Onion
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
Preparation of Chicken:
- To prepare the chicken cut the chicken just below the joint.
- Score and remove any excess skin
- Pull the bulk of the meat towards the bottom allowing for a clean bone handle
BBQ Sauce Method:
- Heat the pan with 2 tsp of olive oil and add the fennel seeds and diced chilli.
- Add the white onion and allow to soften
- Add the brown sugar and soy sauce and tomato ketchup
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Decant in to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Cooking in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 35 minutes
- Then remove and brush on the BBQ sauce and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes