These chocolate and banana individual cakes are perfect for afternoon tea or when visitors are around. As a kid I always remember my mum making chocolate and banana loaf, so this is my take on her recipe!
- 150g Margarine
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Large Bananas
- 300g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 100ml Whipping Cream
- 150g Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C
- Grease the individual cake tin with butter and line with baking parchment
- Cream the Margarine and sugar together until it is fluffy and pale
- Add in the eggs and 2 mashed bananas and beat until all is combined
- Mix in the plain flour, baking powder, chocolate and a pinch of salt.
- Distribute evenly and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Turn out of the tin on to a wired rack and allow to cool
- Slice the cakes in half and fill with whipped cream and banana.
- Serve and enjoy!