These are really easy courgette cakes with a citrus zing!
- 260g Plain Flour
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 170 g Caster Sugar
- 225 g Courgette (5 oz) grated
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 90ml Sunflower Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 125g cream cheese
- 60g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500g icing sugar
- Mix the sugar, flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the courgette and mix until it is completely covered
- Pour in the oil and the lemon juice and add the eggs to the mixture and mix until it forms a cake batter consistency.
- Pour in to individual cake moulds or into a loaf tin.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes for individual moulds or for 40-45 when in a loaf tin
- To make the frosting combine the butter and cream cheese together until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add in the Icing sugar a little bit at a time to begin and gradually add it all in.
- Pour in the lemon juice and mix in to the icing to loosen it up.
- Slice the cakes in to three and apply the icing on each layer of the cake.
- Assemble the cake back together and top with a small piece of courgette to decorate.
- Serve and enjoy!