This is a quick, easy and scrumptious pie with a incredibly creamy sauce and light crunchy filo pastry.
- 8 Pork Sausages, cubed
- 4 Chicken Breast, cubed
- 2 Leeks, sliced
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 3 Sticks of Celery, sliced
- 100ml Double cream
- 185ml Milk
- 1 Glass White wine
- Pack of Filo Pastry
- Handful of Thyme, chopped finely
- Knob of Butter
- 1 Egg
- In a large frying pan on a medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the leeks, carrots, celery and thyme until the begin to soften.
- Then add the chicken breast , cook for 10 minutes but at this point they won’t be cooked through.
- Then turn the heat up and add in the milk, white wine and double cream and bring to a simmering boil.
- Season with salt and pepper, place a lid on the pan and turn the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Stir every so often so it doesn’t catch on the bottom.
- In a separate frying pan fry off the sausages and cut them in to quarters
- Then pour the chicken mixture into a casserole dish.
- Place the pieces of sausage onto of the chicken mixture.
- On top of the mixture place scrunched up piece of filo pastry.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a pastry brush to egg wash the filo pastry.
- Cook the pie in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minute or until the pastry is golden.
- Serve and Enjoy!