This amazing mock pulled pork Burger is the perfect vegan alternative layered with a mango salsa and red cabbage and slice cucumber.
- 1 Tin of Young Jackfruit in water
- 300ml Reggae Reggae Jerk BBQ Sauce
- 2 Brioche Rolls (make sure it doesn’t contain eggs or butter)
- 2 tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 1/4 Red Cabbage
- 1/2 Mango
- 1 red Onion
- 1 Lime
- Sliced red & green Chilli
- Empty the jackfruit out of the can and pat down until it as dry as it can be.
- Fry the piece in pan until it is golden brown.
- Add in the 150ml of jerk bbq sauce and 150ml and simmer until the jackfruit softens and BBQ sauce thickens up.
- Place the Jackfruit on to a silicon tray and pull the flesh with two forks and place in a preheat oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- While the jackfruit is in the oven, Peel the cucumber into long peels and slice up the cabbage and chillies.
- To make the mango salsa, dice the mango into small squares add the diced red onion and the zest and juice of the lime to a bowl and mix well.
- Remove the jackfruit and add about 100ml more BBQ sauce and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- To assemble the burger, Slice the roll and on the bottom spread a thin layer of mayo. The place the cucumber on top, followed by the jackfruit. Then add the sliced chilli, mango salsa and reg cabbage.
- On the top bun spread some of the BBQ sauce and close the burger.
- Serve & Enjoy