This Japanese recipe of Katsu curry is extremely easy to make and will only take 20 minutes from start to finish and is packed with flavour.
- 50g butter
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp mirim
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 125ml chicken stock
- 120g jasmine rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100g Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Green side salad
- Prepare the chicken by trimming any fat and flatten to about 1 inch.
- Dip the chicken into the flour followed by the beaten egg and then finally into the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat up a frying pan with the vegetable oil and fry the chicken until it is golden on both side.
- Then place the chicken of a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes
- In a boiling pan of water place the the jasmine rice in a rolling boil for 15 minutes
- To make the Katsu sauce on a medium heat melt the butter and add the diced onion.
- Once the onion is soften add in 125ml of the chicken stock and 2tbsp of mild curry powder, mix so there is no lumps and bring up to the boil.
- Reduce the temperature to low and add the mirim and soy sauce.
- Remove from the heat and place the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth .
- To serve, slice the chicken and pour the sauce over the top. Put the rice into a circular mould and serve to the side with the green salad.