Beautiful crispy pressed belly pork bites with a sticky sweet chilli dipping sauce. Alternatively you can serve larger piece as a main meal.
- 1.5kg Belly Pork, skin scored
- 3 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp black and red pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5l Chicken Stock
- Sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Score the fat on top of the belly pork and place in a baking dish
- Drizzle the olive oil over the belly pork and rub in the salt and the black and red pepper into the meat making sure you get in the scores.
- Pour the chicken stock around the outside of the meat up to the bottom of the rind. Cover with tin foil and cook in an over for 3 hours at 160°C.
- Place the belly pork in to a clean glass pan and place another one on top and press with a heavy weight for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the belly pork and slice it into bite size pieces. Place back in the oven at 200°C until golden and crisp. This will take around 15-20 minutes
- Serve with a sweet chilli dipping Sauce.