A very simple soft and crumbly viennese biscuits with a shiny tempered chocolate finish.
- 130g Stork block
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 160g dark chocolate, chopped
- Melt the 3/4 of the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water until 55C
- Then remove from the heat and add the remain chocolate and stir until all completely melted.
- Allow the mixture to drop to 28C then place back on the heat until it reaches 31C.
- Now remove from the heat and the chocolate is ready to use.
- Cream together the Stock block and the caster sugar.
- Add in the vanilla bean paste and mix until evenly distributed.
- Sieve in the self-raising flour, cornflour and baking powder.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag, and pipe circular discs.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180C for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Then place on a cooling rack.
- Dip the biscuit tempered chocolate, then use a fork to create a pattern in the top and allow to cool and set at room temperture.
- Serve & enjoy!