These crunchy biscotti biscuits are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee and only cost 7p per biscuit to make!
- 300g plain flour
- 300g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1stp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 150g dried cranberries
- 100g pistachio kernels
- Heat the oven to 140°C and line a tray with a silicon mat
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and sugar in a bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time until until a strong dough is formed
- Add the roughly chopped cranberries and pistachio to the dough and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Cut the dough into two and roll each in to a long sausage with a diameter of 4-5cm. Place on the silicon mat and in the oven for 30-35 minutes to bake.
- Remove and allow the biscotti to rest for 15 minute to firm and then cut diagonal, into 2-3cm thick slices.
- Place back on the silicon mat and back into the oven for another 20 minutes to dry out and then remove and allow them to cool on a wired rack.
- Serve & Enjoy