These palmiers are a eloquent twist on the mince pie and are perfect for sharing at Christmas time.
- 200g of puff pastry
- 200g of mincemeat
- 100g of icing sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g dark chocolate
- Roll out the pastry out and spread a layer of Mincemeat across the top of the pastry leaving a 1cm gap around the edges
- Grate a thin layer of dark chocolate on top of the mincemeat.
- roll the pastry in from both end to form the palmier shape
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to become more firm
- Slice the palmiers from 5-7mm thick
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a preheat oven at 180°C for 25 min or until golden brown
- Mix the ground cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the top of the Palmiers.