Beautifully baked chocolate donuts which are soft and springy, topped with a chocolate icing and sprinkles.
- 175g plain flour
- 100g granulated sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 225g buttermilk
- 50g vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50g butter
- 180g dark chocolate
- Chocolate Sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the donut moulds.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla bean paste and whisk until a batter has formed.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag and pipe into the mould 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then allow to rest in the moulds before turning out on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze by heating the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir to incorporate them together.
- Once ready, dip the tops of the donut in the glaze and sprinkle of the chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!