A classic mince pie recipe with additional dried fruit and a touch of booze.
- 375g plain flour
- 260g unsalted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 large egg
- 600g mincemeat
- 50g dried cranberries
- 60g ground almonds
- 50ml brandy
- Rub the flour and butter in a bowl until it forms a crumb like consistency.
- Add in the sugar and one large egg, and mix together.
- Combine, place in clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the mincemeat, dried cranberries, ground almonds and a splash of brandy.
- Roll the pastry out to 2-3mm thick and use a round cutter and cut out 16 circles and a star cutter to cut out 16 tops.
- Place the circles in the bottom of a muffin tin and put a teaspoon of mincemeat on top. Then place the star on the top.
- Glaze the top of them with the other beaten egg and place in a preheated oven at 200C for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool for 15-20 minutes then dust with icing sugar.
- Serve & enjoy!