A beautiful homemade egg pasta tagliatelle with a vibrant green pesto sauce, best serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese on top.
- 2 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 30g fresh basil leaves
- 40g toasted pine nuts
- 60g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 125ml olive oil
- 200g cubetti di pancetta
- To make the Pesto, blend together the basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, garlic clove while slowly adding the olive oil.
- To make the tagliatelle mix the 200g of plain flour and the eggs in a bowl and knead together until smooth.
- Run the pasta through the pasta machine starting on the thickest size lowering to the thinnest. Add flour to either side of the pasta to prevent it sticking
- Place the thin pasta sheet through the tagliatelle extension or cut the pasta into narrow strips.
- In a frying pan, cook the pancetta until golden and crispy.
- Place the pasta in to a pan of boiling water, it will take 1-2 minutes to cook, then place in the pan with the pancetta and add in the pesto. Add as much pesto to your desired taste.