These flaky sausage and mustard palmiers are my take on sausage rolls and are perfect for dinner parties or rustic canapés
- 250g Sausage Meat
- 500g Puff Pastry
- 2 Shallots
- 3 tsp English mustard
- Handful of Sage
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
Makes 20 Palmiers
- Dice the Shallots up and soften with the olive oil in the pan.
- Slice the sage in to fine strips.
- Put the sage, Shallots and sausage meat in a bowl and mix until all combined
- Season with Salt & pepper.
- Roll out the pastry out and spread a layer of english mustard across the top of the pastry leaving a 1cm gap around the edges
- apply a thin layer across the whole of the mustard layer
- roll the pastry in from both end to form the palmier shape
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to become more firm
- Slice the palmiers from 5-7mm thick
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a preheat oven at 180°C for 25 min or until golden brown