Sweet & sticky teriyaki noodles with teriyaki marinaded steak.
- 1 egg
- 100g plain flour
- 2 rump steaks
- 7 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp mirim
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- To make the noddles mix the 100g of plain flour and the egg in a bowl and knead together until smooth.
- Run the pasta through the pasta machine starting on the thickest size lowering to the thinnest.
- Place the thin pasta sheet through the noodle extension or cut the dough into really narrow strips.
- In a bowl mix together the brown sugar, mirim, soy sauce, honey and cornflour until it is combined well.
- Take a third of the teriyaki mixture and marinade the steak in it.
- Cook the steak in a hot griddle pan for four minutes each side.
- Cook the noodle in a pan of boiling water. This will take 1-2 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the teriyaki sauce in a wok until it starts to thicken.
- Slice the steak and serve on top of the noodles.