American style pancake with a sweet and creamy banoffee filling and the freshness of blueberries
- 200g granulated sugar
- 50ml water
- 60g salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 170ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 150g flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 10g Â caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg
- 40g butter
- Punnet of Blueberries
- Â 2 banana
- 150ml whipped double cream
Salted Caramel Method:
- Add the sugar and water to the bottom of a pan on a medium heat.
- Cooking the sugar until it has reached a deep amber colour.
- As soon as the caramel reaches this point, remove the pan from the heat and add in the double cream (it will bubble up) and whisk well.
- Follow the cream by adding small chunks of the butter and whisk until a smooth caramel is formed.
- Pour into a jug and set aside until later.
- For the pancakes sieve the flour, baking powder and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter, an egg and the milk and whisk until it is all combined.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat with a couple of sprays of oil.
- Pour a small ladle of pancake batter in the middle of the pan.
- Wait until bubbles come through all over then flip the pancake.
- Cook for around 1-2 minutes on the other side and stack them on a plate.
- Dollop the whipped cream on top of the pancakes and dot around the sliced blueberries and banana.
- Serve & enjoy