This gingerbread chocolate brownie tart is perfect for the festive season. With warm spiced flavours and a gingerbread caramel spread whirled through the brownie mix, it will definitely get you in the Christmas mood. Perfectly served with vanilla ice cream
Gingerbread Chocolate Brownie Tart
- 400 g shortcrust pastry
- 250 g Tony's gingerbread milk chocolate
- 120 g butter
- 120 g light muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g plain flour
- 100 g gingerbread caramel spread (Thursday Cottage)
- Vanilla ice cream (to serve)
- preheat the oven to 160°C fan / 180°C / gas mark 4
- Roll the shortcrust pastry to a depth of 3-5mm in thickness. Place the pastry in a loose bottom tart crust tin.
- Place in parchment paper on top and the the baking beads and blind bake for 15 minutes. After baking remove the baking beads.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and light muscovado sugar. Pour in the melted butter and chocolate mixture and add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Sieve in the flour and fold through until there is no white streak left.
- Finally, swirl through the gingerbread caramel and pour into the blind baked shortcrust tart. Place the mixture back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool in the tin slightly before slicing and serving with ice cream.