A super simple cheat version of soy & seasame ramen that prevent you from standing over the stove all day to make the stock. This ramen noodle bowl is topped with fried shittake mushrooms, sticky soy and mirin belly pork, sliced spring onions, julienne carrots, a piece of ginger and finished with sliced jalapeños.
EVERYTHING YOU’LL NEED FOR THE PORK BELLY RAMEN
- Cooked Belly Pork
- Soy sauce
- Sesame seed oil
- Shittake mushrooms
- Ramen noodles,
- Spring onion
- Green jalapeno
This ramen dish is so versatile you can literally swap out any component of the dish (of course you can’t swap out the noodles). To mix it up why not trade out the belly pork for shredded chicken thighs or even add a soy egg to the dish.
Cheat’s Pork Belly Ramen
- 250 g Cooked Belly Pork, diced
- 4 tsp Soy sauce
- 4 tsp Mirin
- 2 tsp Sesame seed oil
- 120 g Shittake mushrooms
- Thumb size piece of ginger, sliced
- 300 g Ramen noodles, Including seasoning
- 1 Carrot, Julienne peeled
- 2 Spring onion, Sliced Lenghtways
- 1 Green jalapeno
- Boil up 600ml of water with the seasoning from the ramen noodle packet, 2 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp mirin, 2 tsp sesame seed oil and the ginger.
- Meanwhile in a pan reheat the cooked diced belly pork with the remaining soy sauce and mirin. The belly pork should go crispy and have a sticky glaze.
- In another pan fry the mushroom until the begin to soften.
- Add the noodles to the boil stock and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with the stock, topped with the fried mushroom, belly pork, spring onions, carrots, a piece of ginger and topped with jalapenos.
If you want to see more recipe sign up below for free: