Classic lemon drizzle recipe with a white chocolate twist. Perfect as part of an afternoon tea or just with a cuppa. The cake has a beautiful soft loose crumb with a sharp and sweet lemon zing and chunks of caramelised white chocolate.
Lemon Drizzle & White Chocolate Cake
- 180 g Self raising flour
- 180 g Caster sugar
- 180 g Butter
- 3-4 Unwaxed lemons, depends how juicy the lemons are!
- 2 Large eggs
- 100 g White chocolate
- 90 g Caster sugar
- 50 g Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and pale.
- Then beat in both of the eggs until they are completely incorporated into the mix.
- Fold in the flour and chopped white chocolate until completed mixed.
- Add the zest of 2 lemons and the juice of 1 lemon to the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin and back for 40-45 minute. Make sure an inserted knife comes out clean when finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix together the caster sugar and lemon juice. Prick the top of the cake with a toothpick and pour over the cake whlist it is still warm.
- Allow to cool in the tin fully before serving.
If you want to see more recipes sign up below for free: