A rich butter toffee filled with mini soft-centered chocolate eggs is the perfect Easter treat.
I love this toffee for so many reasons. It is super simple, you only need five ingredients. It comes out the same every time if you follow the recipe carefully.
If you want to make Scottish tablet, just continue to whisk while the toffee mixture cools down. This will create a larger sugar crystal structure making it more crumbly. If you want to make fudge you need to beat it twice when it is cooling down. Once after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes later before pouring it into the tin.
Mini Egg Butter Toffee
- 400 ml Condensed milk
- 150 ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 350 g Light brown sugar
- 120 g Butter
- 120 g Mini eggs
- Prepare a container lined with greaseproof paper. I used an 8" inch square tin.
- Place all the ingredients into a pan apart from the mini eggs. Start on a low heat until all of the ingredients have melted to create a smooth liquid.
- Turn up to a medium heat, constantly stir until the mixture reaches soft boiling point. This will take about 10-15 minutes and is 115°C.
- When it has reached the correct temperature, pour half the mixture into the tin and sprinkle on half of the mini eggs. Then repeat the process with the remaining toffee and mini eggs.
- Place on the side to cool slightly until it starts to harden. At this point you want to slice the toffee. Then allow the toffee to cool fully.