A great alternative to Christmas pudding, a juicy delicate dessert perfect after a massive main course.
- Bottle of mulled wine
- A cinnamon stick
- 4 conference pears
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Boil the mulled wine in a pan with the cinnamon stick, then reduce down to a simmer.
- Peel the pears and slice off the bottom. Place in the simmer wine with a lid on for 30 minutes or until soften.
- Remove the pears once cooked and reduce down until it forms a syrup.
- Place the pears on a plate, and pour the thickened glaze over the top.
- Mix the vanilla with the double cream, and pour over the pears.
- Serve & enjoy!