A beautiful seasonal rhubarb crumble sweetened with the addition of strawberries.
5 stick of rhubarb
100g plain flour
50g soft brown sugar
Cream, ice cream or custard to serve
- Place the rhubarb stick on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes at 160ÂºC.
- Meanwhile, quarter the strawberries and place them in a pan with 2 tbsp of water on a low heat.
- Once the rhubarb is cooked, place in the pan with the strawberries with a lid and allow to stew for 10 minutes. You may need to add a little more water.
- In a bowl, using your fingertips, rub together the butter and plain flour.
- Then combine the brown sugar into the butter and flour mix.
- In small pots place the rhubarbs and strawberry filling and top it with the crumble mix.
- Bake in the oven at 160ÂºC for 25-30 minutes or until the crumble mix is golden on top.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.