French toast is such a versitile breakfast. The ability to completely change the toppings and type of bread means there are endless combinations. My favourite combination is topped with summer berries and maple syrup.
French Toast with Summer Berries
- 4 Slices of Thick White bread
- 2 tbsp Milled flax seeds
- 200 ml Almond Milk
- 30 g Plain flour
- 10 ml Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Fresh summer fruit
- Maple syrup
- In a flat bowl, whisk together the almond milk and the plain flour until there are no lumps.
- Then mix in the milled flax seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract until all combined.
- Dip your bread into the batter mixture, allowing it to sit on each side for 30 seconds.
- Heat a pan with 1â„2 tbsp coconut oil on a medium heat. Place the battered bread in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat this process with the remaining bread. Serve topped with summer berries and maple syrup.
If you want to see more recipes sign up below for free: