Sticky & sweet spiced ginger cake packed with small piece of stem ginger. This has to be my favourite vegan cake! Just look at the crumb!
Vegan Jamaican Ginger cake
Sticky & sweet spiced ginger cake packed with small piece of stem ginger.
- 200 g Plain flour
- 4 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g Stem ginger
- 125 ml Almond milk
- 85 g Black treacle
- 85 g Golden syrup
- 85 g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 85 g Stork block
- 1 tbsp Milled flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 100 g Stem ginger syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/180°C/gas mark 4.
- Sift the plain flour, ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a bowl.
- Dice the stem ginger, toss and coat in the flour/spice mixture.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the almond milk in a jug.
- Heat the black treacle, golden syrup, sugar and stork block until melted.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milled flaxseeds with 3 tbsp of water.
- Add the black treacle mixture to the flour/spice mixture and beat vigorously until smooth. Then whisk in the flaxseed mixture and almond milk.
- Pour into a greased and lined 900g loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes. After 30 minutes cover with tin foil to stop the top from burning.
- Remove from the oven and pour the stem ginger syrup over the top and allow to soak in for a couple of hours.
- Serve topped with slices of stem ginger.
If you want to see more recipe join below: