Aquafaba (chickpea water) is one of the most amazing vegan ingredients, especially in baking. This ingredient when whisked, acts like egg whites, enabling you to make the perfect pavlovas. This one has been topped with coconut cream and tropical fruit.
Vegan Tropical Pavlova
- 160 ml Aquafaba
- ½ tsp Xanthan gum
- ½ tsp Cream of tartar
- 150 g Icing sugar
- 2 Tins of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Mango
- 1 Pineapple
- 4 Passion fruits
- 100 g Coconut shavings
- Preheat the oven to 110°C fan/130°C/gas mark 1⁄2. Place the coconut milk in the fridge for 2-3 hours before starting the recipe (this helps to separate the coconut cream from the coconut water).
- Drain the water from the chickpeas into a bowl and use an electric whisk to whisk for 10 minutes or until it forms soft peaks.
- Gradually add in the cream of tartar, xanthan gum and icing sugar while continuing to whisk. After about 5 extra minutes of whisking itshould form glossy firm peaks.
- Scoop the mixture out onto a silicon mat and shape into a circular disc.
- Bake in the oven for 21⁄2 hours. Once baked, leave it to cool in the oven with the door ajar, before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool fully.
- Scoop the cream off the top of the coconut milk, whisk with the vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract until it forms soft peaks.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings by dicing the pineapple and mango. Also empty the seeds out of the passion fruits into a bowl and toast the coconut shavings in a dry frying pan.
- To assemble, top the meringue with the whipped coconut cream, diced pineapple and mango.
- Finally, garnish with passion fruit seeds and toasted coconut shavings before serving.
If you want to see more recipe sign up below for free: