Out of all of the savoury snacks, these summer rolls look the real deal. A beautiful and colourful array of chopped vegetables coated in the transparent spring roll wrapper with a soy infused peanut satay.
Vegetable Summer Rolls with Peanut Satay Sauce
- 6 Spring roll wrappers
- 1 Red pepper
- 3 Carrots
- Â½ Cucumber
- 100 g Baby spinach
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame seeds
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 55 ml Soy sauce
- 150 g Smooth peanut butter
- 1 Lime, juice
- 1 Red chilli
- 50 ml Water
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk together the soy sauce, smooth peanut butter, juice of a lime, finely diced red chilli. This should form a thick peanut paste.
- Now you need to gradually add water until the peanut paste turns into your desired dipping thickness. I added around 50ml of water.
- To make the summer roll, firstly you want to prepare the vegetables by slicing the stalks off the baby spinach and slicing the red peppers, carrots and cucumber into juliennes.
- Soak one spring roll wrap in a bowl of hot water for 10-15 seconds to soften. Then place the spinach, carrot, red pepper and cucumberinside before sprinkling over black sesame seeds and folding in the two sides and wrapping up just like a burrito. Repeat this process with the remaining spring roll wrappers.
- Slice the summer rolls in half and serve with the peanut dipping sauce.
If you want to see more recipe sign up below for free: