A deliciously easy and simple chocolate banoffee cake which only works out at 53p a slice!
- 200g Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 250g Self-Raising Flour
- 4 Banana’s
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 255g Butter, softened
- 275g Dulche de Leche
- 900g Icing Sugar, sieved
- 25g Dulche de Leche
- Mix with water until loosened
- 25g dark chocolate, grated
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the four eggs and continue to beat.
- Sieve in the baking Â powder, self raising flour and fold in with a spatula.
- Add in the four mashed banana and fold in with the spatula.
- Finally add in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Split the cake batter between three 8 inch baking trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 160C in a preheated oven.
- Allow the cake to cool, then assemble as in the video.
- Grate over dark chocolate and serve.