A chocolate twist on the classic creme brûlée
- 600ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 6 egg yolks
- 3-4 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Heat the double cream and chocolate in a saucepan until the chocolate has completely melted and then bring the mixture to a boil before removing from the heat to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks together in a bowl while gradually adding in the hot cream a little at a time.
- Pour the custard mixture into small ramekins and place the ramekins in a baking tray which is filled with hot water to half the height of the ramekins.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the water and allow to cool slightly before placing in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
- Then sprinkle over the caster sugar and melt it with a blow torch.