A classic triple tiered Victoria sponge cake with strawberry jam and whipped cream.
- 320g self-raising flour
- 320g cake spread
- 320g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 600ml double cream
- 350g good quality strawberry jam
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl until it goes light and pale.
- Then add the beaten eggs and combine into the mixture
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder and fold through the batter.
- Split the mixture between three lined 7 inch cake tins and bake for 20 minutes in a 180C preheated oven.
- Once cooked, allow the cake to cool on a wired rack.
- For the filling whip the cream to firm peaks.
- Layer the cake, followed by a layer of jam, followed by cream and repeat.
- On the top place a layer of cream and top with fresh strawberries.