A simple recipe of the french classic Madeleines, dipped in dark chocolate and covered in chopped walnuts.
- 60g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g egg
- 25g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 100g dark chocolate
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then leave to cool in the pan
- Whip the egg and the caster sugar together with a whisk for 2-3 minutes until thick and forms ribbons.
- Incorporate the flour and cocoa powder little by little and then the baking powder.
- Add the cooled butter to the mixture and then scoop in to a piping bag and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, pipe into 10 madeleine moulds and place in to an oven at 170C for 9-10 minutes.
- Once cooked place on to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water.
- Dip the madeleines into the chocolate and sprinkle over the chopped hazelnut.
- Leave for the chocolate the set, then serve and enjoy!