These are perfect soft little lemon cakes in the shape of a shell with a lemon drizzle.
- 60g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g egg
- 50g plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 lemonÂ
- 160g icing sugar
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then leave to cool in the pan
- Whip the egg and the caster sugar together with a whisk for 2-3 minutes until thick and forms ribbons.
- Zest the lemon into the sugar and egg mixture and incorporate the flour little by little and then the baking powder.
- Add the cooled butter to the mixture and then scoop in to a piping bag and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, pipe into 10 madeleine moulds and place in to an oven at 170C for 9-10 minutes.
- Once cooked, place on to a wire rack to cool.
- In Â a bowl mix the lemon juice and icing sugar, place in to a piping bag and drizzle over the madeleines.
- Serve and enjoy