Simple cinnamon rolls which are perfect for breakfast or as a snack anytime of the day.
- 170ml milk
- 65g butter or margarine
- 430g plain flour
- 7g quick yeast
- 50g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 110g butter, softened
- 100g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- Heat the milk and butter in a pan on a low heat until it reaches 40°C.
- In a bowl mix 400g plain flour, the yeast, caster sugar and salt.
- Pour the milk and butter into the bowl and mix until it Â forms a sticky dough.
- Add in the egg and combine together.
- lightly dust the surface with the remaining flour and knead the dough 5 minutes until it forms a smooth elastic dough.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl and place in a warm place to rise for 40 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- While rising, in a different bowl mix the dark brown soft sugar, cinnamon and softened butter.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and roll it out into a large rectangle and spread the butter mixture on top.
- Roll the dough up starting for the long side until it forms a spiral pattern.
- Slice and divid the dough in to 12 pieces and place in a muffin tin.
- Place a tea towel over the top allow to prove for a further 20 minutes.
- Place in a preheat oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Mix the icing sugar and water together and pour into a piping bag.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the muffin tin and place on a cooling rack.
- Drizzle over the icing and serve!