The simplest macaron recipe perfect for Christmas with warming spices and a indulgent white chocolate ganache centre.
- 200g icing sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 large eggs whites
- 35g Caster sugar
- 2 tsp gingerbread spices mix
Gingerbread Spice Mix:
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 100ml double cream cream
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- Sieve the icing sugar, ground almonds and gingerbread spice mix into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. The gradually add in the caster sugar whilst continuing to whip them until they form stiff peak.
- Fold the egg whites into the dry ingredient until it forms a sticky batter.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe circles (to your desired size) on to a silicon mat on a baking tray.
- Allow them to sit on the side for 15 minutes so they can form a film over the top.
- Then place in a preheated oven at 140C for 15-20 but the bigger they are the longer they will take.
- Once cooked, remove from the silicon mat and allow to cool on a wired rack.
- To prepare the chocolate ganache, heat the cream up in a pan until it just reaches boil and then pour over the chocolate.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes, before stirring it altogether. Then place in the fridge to firm up.
- Once firmed to a maluble consistency, place in to a piping bag and pipe in between two macaroons.
- Serve & enjoy!