These are classic dark chocolate florentines which are quick and easy to make and perfect little treats.
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 50g creme fraiche
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 150g flaked almonds
- 50g cranberries
- 50g glacier cherries, chopped
- 50g mixed peel
- 50g dark chocolate
- Melt the sugars and butter in a pan on a high heat, constantly stir with a wooden spoon.
- Once it reaches a deep caramel colour add in the creme fraiche and the vanilla bean paste. Turn down to a low heat.
- Mix in the almond, cranberries, cherries and mixed peels.
- Then spoon into little discs on a silicon mat, place in to the fridge to set.
- Melt the dark chocolate and spoon the chocolate on to the bottom of the florentines and press down back on the silicon mat.
- Allow to set back in the fridges.
- Serve and enjoy!