These tempered chocolate truffle are perfect for an after dinner treat. The truffle have a hard chocolate outer casing with a soft truffle center.
- 300g good quality dark chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- 25g butter
- Edible gold paint
- Chop the chocolate finely, Split between three glass bowl with 150g, 100g and 50g ratio.
- Melt the 100g of the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water until 55C
- Then remove from the heat and add the remaining 50g chocolate and stir until all completely melted.
- Allow the mixture to drop to 28C then place back on the heat until it reaches 31C.
- Now remove from the heat and the chocolate is ready to use.
- Pour the chocolate in to the moulds, so it coats the inside and allow to set. You may need to pour another layer in once it has set.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the cream and butter until it starts to simmer and then pour over the 150g of chocolate. Allow to sit for a few minute before mixing together.
- Pour the truffle mixture into the chocolate shells and cover with the remaining chocolate. Place back in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the moulds and spray with the gold paint by flicking it with a paint brush.
- Serve & enjoy!