Millionaire’s Shortbread is ever so easy to make and tastes amazing.
- 190g butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 260g (9oz) plain flour
- 100g plain chocolate, Chopped in to chunks
- 185g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 300g sweetened condensed milk
- 1tsp salt
- 150g plain chocolate
Preheat the oven to 180Â°C. Line a 7in square cake tin with baking parchment.
Combine the butter and sugar together.
Add in the flour and mix with your hand until it forms a breadcrumb like texture.
- Add in the chocolate chunks and mix until it is evenly spread through the shortbread.
Tip the mixture into the lined cake tin and spread it out evenly. Then press the shortbread down with your fingers so that it is tightly packed.
Bake the shortbread for 20 minutes or until it is very light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
For the topping, heat the butter, sugar, condensed milk and golden syrup in a saucepan, stirring occasionally until the butter is melted.
Bring the mixture to the boil, and keep stirring. The caramel will thicken and turn golden-brown.
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes then pour it over cooked shortbread, sprinkle over the sea salt and place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes
For the topping, Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water
Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel and sprinkle over chocolate shards.
- Place in to the fridge for 30 minutes.
Then Cut into squares, serve and enjoy.