A Simple almondy cake perfect with a cup of tea.
- 150g ground almond
- 150g butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 2 Â largeÂ eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 250g raspberries
- 150g raspberry jam
- 70g flaked almond
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Heat oven to 180Â°C
- Grease a springform cake tin.
- Mix the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla bean extract in a bowl until it is combined well.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top. Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the raspberry jam and the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread.
- Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 45 mins until golden.
- Cool, remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar to serve and enjoy!