These banoffee cupcakes are the perfect sweet bites. A delicious homemade banana cupcake with a cream cheese caramel filling and icing.
Mini Banoffee Cupcakes
These banoffee cupcakes are the perfect sweet bites. A delicious homemade banana cupcake with a cream cheese salted caramel icing.
- 3 Ripe banana's
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 80 g Melted butter
- 2 Medium eggs
- 130 g Light brown sugar
- 30 ml Oat milk
- 80 g Plain flour
Cream Cheese Salted Caramel
- 100 g Sugar
- 25 ml Water
- 30 g Butter
- 85 g Cream cheese
- 1 tsp Sea salt
Vanilla & salted caramel Frosting
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 300 g Icing sugar
- 40 g Cream cheese salted caramel
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12 hole cake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana's until a coarse puree, add in the baking powder, cinnamon powder, sea salt and whisk.
- Add in the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and oat milk to the bowl and whisk until it is all combined together. Sieve in the plain flour, fold in until there is no white streaks.
- Fill the cupcake cases ⅔ of the way up and place the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the cream cheese salted caramel, in a small pan heat the caster sugar and water until it goes a dark amber colour.
- Once a dark amber colour, remove from the heat and stir through the cream cheese. Sprinkle in the sea salt and stir in the butter. Pour the mixture into a piping bag and allow to cool slight to thicken.
- To make the frosting, add the softened butter into a food mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat for a couple of minutes until creamy. Add in the icing sugar, vanilla extract. Beat on a low speed for 30 seconds before turning up to high speed for 2 minutes. Add in ⅔ of the cream cheese salted caramel and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a cupcake nozzle. Pipe on top of the cooled banana muffin, and top off with left over caramel.
Check out more recipes by signing up below: