Chicken thigh pieces cooked in lots of fresh garlic, ginger and Thai basil in a soy and rice wine marinade. A classic Taiwanese dish with the perfect balance of fresh, salty and sweet flavours.
Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 Chicken thighs bone and skin removed, diced into small chunks
- 2 inch Piece of fresh ginger finely sliced
- 12 Garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 Spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- Handful of Thai basil leaves
- With the removed skin, oil both sides with vegetable oil and place on a baking tray in a 220°C preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat, add in the fresh ginger and garlic cloves, cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and spring onions and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce and shaoxing wine, continue to cook for 5 minutes until reduced.
- Before serving fold through the Thai basil, allow it to wilt in the residual heat. Serve in a bowl topped with the crispy chicken skin.
If you want to see more recipes sign up below for free: