These banoffee cupcakes are the perfect sweet bites. A delicious homemade banana cupcake with a cream cheese caramel filling and icing.
Mini Banoffee Cupcakes
These banoffee cupcakes are the perfect sweet bites. A delicious homemade banana cupcake with a cream cheese salted caramel icing.
- 3 Ripe banana's
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 80 g Melted butter
- 2 Medium eggs
- 130 g Light brown sugar
- 30 ml Oat milk
Cream Cheese Salted Caramel
- 100 g Sugar
- 25 ml Water
- 30 g Butter
- 85 g Cream cheese
- 1 tsp Sea salt
Vanilla & salted caramel Frosting
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 300 g Icing sugar
- 40 g Cream cheese salted caramel
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12 hole cake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana's until a coarse puree, add in the baking powder, cinnamon powder, sea salt and whisk.
- Add in the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and oat milk to the bowl and whisk until it is all combined together.
- Fill the cupcake cases ⅔ of the way up and place the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the cream cheese salted caramel, in a small pan heat the caster sugar and water until it goes a dark amber colour.
- Once a dark amber colour, remove from the heat and stir through the cream cheese. Sprinkle in the sea salt and stir in the butter. Pour the mixture into a piping bag and allow to cool slight to thicken.
- To make the frosting, add the softened butter into a food mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat for a couple of minutes until creamy. Add in the icing sugar, vanilla extract. Beat on a low speed for 30 seconds before turning up to high speed for 2 minutes. Add in ⅔ of the cream cheese salted caramel and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a cupcake nozzle. Pipe on top of the cooled banana muffin, and top off with left over caramel.
Check out more recipes by signing up below: