There is something yogurt does to a cake which makes it incomparably moist with a soft, creamy, and buttery crumb. This cake is bursting with lemon yogurt flavour, mixed berries and looks amazing in a ring mould.
Why You’ll Love This Mixed Berry Yogurt Cake
- Super moist
- Beautiful soft and creamy crumb
- Made with lemon yogurt
- Convenient– use frozen berries
Mixed Berry Yogurt Cake
- 220 ml Lemon yogurt
- 350 g Plain flour
- 4 Medium eggs
- 400 g Frozen mixed berries
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 200 g Granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 230 g Butter
- 50 ml Lemon, juice
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 1 Lemon, juice
- 100 g Icing sugar
- Grease your ring moulded tin. Preheat the oven to 170°C fan / 190°C
- MIX the plain flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the butter/eggs. Pour the yogurt mixture, lemon juice and zest on top and beat everything together, try not to over mix the batter. Then fold in the frozen fruit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix together the lemon juice and icing sugar. Adjust the amount of icing sugar to get the right consistency.
- Allow to the cake to cool fully before removing from the pan and drizzling with lemon icing.
If you want more recipe, sign up free below: