Sometimes the simplest things in life can be the best. This molten chocolate lava cake is so simple to make and makes the most gorgeous chocolate pudding. The chocolate molten cake only contains 5-ingredients.
This cake is so easy to make it can be done from start to finish in under 25 minutes. Also there is not much washing up as it only uses 1 bowl.
These molten chocolate lava cakes can be frozen in their mould before cooking and be kept in the freezer for up to a month. You can then cook them from frozen and it will take between 18-20 minutes depending on your oven and how frozen they are! It is always good to do a tester first!
Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
- 65 g Butter
- 70 g Dark chocolate
- 100 g Light brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 30 g Plain flour
- 100 ml Double cream
- Handful of strawberries, Diced
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan / 180°C.
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Then remove from the heat and whisk the brown sugar followed by the eggs and then the plain flour.
- Pour the batter into the moulds. I used panacotta moulds.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes. This will vary depending on the size of your mould and the type of oven.
- Once baked, run a knife around the outside of the cake before turning out.
- Put on top diced strawberries and pour over double cream to serve.