This incredible sandwich is composed of pulled chicken in a homemade peanut satay sauce with shredded carrot, spring onions and mixed salad.
EVERYTHING YOUâ€™LL NEED FOR THE SANDWICH
- Chicken breasts
- A carrot
- Mixed salad
- Spring onions
- Peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- A lime
- Coconut milk
- Curry powder
This peanut satay sauce also works really well as a marinade for raw chicken on the barbecue, however I would use smooth peanut butter as the crunchy bits will just fall off!
Peanut Satay Shredded Pulled Sandwich
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Small carrot, grated
- â…• Cucumber, sliced
- 2 Spring onions, sliced finely
- Handful of mixed salad
- 4 Slices of bread
Peanut Satay Marinade
- 50 g Crunchy peanut butter
- Â½ Lime, juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mild curry powder
- 200 ml Full fat coconut cream
- Place the chicken in a pan of boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes. Depending on the size of your chicken breast will vary how long it takes. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 74Â°C.
- Place on a chopping board and allow to cool slightly, before pulling the chicken between two forks.
- To make the peanut satay marinade, place the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey and mild curry powder in a pan on a low heat. Cook for 5 minutes until it is all combined together.
- Add in the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil before removing from the heat.
- Mixed the chicken and the peanut satay sauce together leaving 2 tbsp, which will be spread on the bread.
- Toast the bread, then spread over the sauce, followed by the chicken and all the salad, followed by the other piece of toasted bread with peanut satay sauce.