This is a perfect spring salad which goes well with lamb, pork, chicken or even just by itself. The potato salad is covered in a mustard dressing which takes 5 minutes to make all in 1 jar!
Everyone needs a great potato salad for the summer. This is my favourite potato salad which is perfect for all barbecues and picnic’s.
Why this Potato Salad Works
- This potato salad is creamy from the feta cheese, crunchy and salty from the bacon and tangy from the mustard dressing!
- Mixing the potatoes in a vinegar based dressing , adds a layer of flavour.
- The combination tangy, salty and sweet peas ingredients works so well together.
- This is a great dish to make ahead of time as it tastes even better after a few hours allowing the flavours to marinade.
Spring New Potato Salad
- 500 g New Potatoes
- 2 Shallots
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 100 g Frozen peas
- 100 g Pancetta
- 20 g Fresh baby spinach
- 100 g Feta cheese
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ tbsp Red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp Lemon juice
- 35 g Olive oil
- 1 Small garlic clove
- Clean the potatoes, and cut in half if necessary then boil them in salted water. Add in the peas for the last three minutes. It all depends on the size you cut the potatoes, but mine took 15 minutes until they were cooked.
- In a pan, fry the pancetta until crispy.
- To make the mustard vinaigrette, crush the garlic and add to a jar with the remaining ingredients. Shake the jar well to emulsify the mixture.
- Once the potatoes & peas are cooked, drain and place in a bowl with the crispy pancetta, diced shallots, spinach and finely sliced parsley. Pour over the dressing and give a good mix. Crumble over the feta cheese before serving.