The nostalgia from making these rice krispies nests brought me back to being a kid again. From what I remember this was the first recipe I did as a child. I decided to try and update the recipe my Mum had by adding a white chocolate truffle centre to the nests.
EVERYTHING YOU’LL NEED FOR THE RICE KRISPIES NESTS
- Rice krispies
- Dark chocolate
- Golden syrup
- White chocolate
- Double cream
- Mini eggs
Rice Krispies Nests
The nostalgia from making these rice krispies nest brought me back to being a kid again. From what I remember this was the first recipe I did as a child. I decided to try and update the recipe my Mum had by adding a white chocolate truffle centre to the nests.
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g Golden syrup
- 100 g Marshmallows
- 100 g Butter
- 150 g Rice Krispies
- 200 g White Chocolate
- 100 ml Double cream
- 80 g Mini eggs
- Melt the dark chocolate, marshmallows, butter and golden syrup in a pan.
- Once melted, pour over the rice krispies and mix until they are evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture in to muffin cases in a muffin tin. With the spoon press down and around the edge leaving a divet in the middle for the white chocolate truffle centre. Place in the fridge to set.
- In a bowl above boiling water melt the white chocolate and cream together.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and with an electric whisk whip the mixture together creating a thick and creamy texture. Spoon the mixture into the middle of the chocolate nests.
- Finally, decorate with mini eggs in the middle of the nests.