A really simple rich chocolate and salted caramel tart with beautiful flaky pastry.Â
- 125g Cold butter
- 250g flour
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- cold water to combine
- 200g granulated sugar
- 50ml water
- 60g salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 170ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g milk chocolate
- 120g double cream
- To make the pastry blitz the cold butter, plain flour and sugar in a food processor.
- Place in a bowl and keep adding water and mixing with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together (it will take around 4-5 tbsp).
- Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and place back in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- To make the salted caramel, add the sugar and water to the bottom of a pan on a medium heat.
- Cooking the sugar until it has reached a deep amber colour.
- As soon as the caramel reaches this point, remove the pan from the heat and add in the double cream (it will bubble up) and whisk well.
- Follow the cream by adding small chunks of the butter and whisk until a smooth caramel is formed.
- Pour into a jug and set aside until later.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and roll out to 4cm thick and place inside a greased Â pastry tin.
- With a fork prod hole throughout the pastry to prevent it from rising.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180Â°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour the salted caramel in to the case place in the fridge to set.
- For the chocolate ganache bring the cream to he boil and then pour over the cubed chocolate. Allow to stand then mix until it form a smooth chocolate filling.
- For the chocolate into a piping bag with a star nozzle and place in the fridge for 30min to slightly firm up.
- Pipe the chocolate ganache on to the caramel top and serve.