When the weather is so miserable outside pancakes seems to be the best option. I realized the other day that I donâ€™t have a basic pancake recipe on the blog, they all contain more than 5 ingredients. Therefore, I decided to take the recipe back to the basics.
Can you make plant based pancakes?
Well of course, there’s lots of vegan pancake recipes but I can ensure you this is the SIMPLEST plant based pancake recipe on the internet.
You might question with the recipe being so simple, what the texture is like? I can ensure you the use of the baking powder makes the pancakes light and fluffy. You may also question the flavour, but to be honest pancakes are a great transport of flavour with most of the flavour coming from the toppings anyway.
Simple Plant Based Pancakes
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Caster sugar
- 200 ml Oat milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil ,for frying
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add in the oat milk and whisk together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with the coconut oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter into the pan and cook until bubble start forming through the pancake and golden on the underside. Flip the pancake and cook until that side is golden aswell.
- Stack on a plate and serve with your favourite toppings.
If you want to see more recipes sign up to the list below: