A slow cooked beef brisket that will guarantee fall-apart-tender meat marinaded in a smokey BBQ sauce.
How To Cook Beef Brisket?
Beef brisket is very easy and straight forward to make, the only problem, it does take a long time to cook. There a few ingredients due to making a BBQ paste rub as well as a BBQ sauce. You could just used a bottle of BBQ marinade but it will taste awful compared to this!!!
- Spice Paste – We start off with a spice paste. It is essentially for the best BBQ brisket. This give the brisket the best depth of flavour and creates the rich BBQ sauce.
- Slow Cook – As you are slow cooking the beef for 5 hours it gives the meat plenty of time to marinade in the flavour, also the rendered fat from the beef gives the BBQ sauce a rich and deep flavour.
- Caramelise crust – After this, all that’s required is a few minutes under the grill which is essential to caramelise the crust;
Slow Cooked BBQ Beef Brisket
- 1.8 kg Beef brisket
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 5 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp Chipotle paste
- 6 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 400 ml Beef stock
- 300 ml Red wine
- 250 ml Passata
- 200 ml Orange juice
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Ground coriander
- In a large deep dish, heat the oil. Add the diced onion and fry for 5 minutes. Then stir in the cumin, coriander and garlic slices, chipotle paste and dark brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper, and cook out the spices.
- Remove from the heat and place in a blender and pulse it until smooth.
- Rub this marinade over the beef brisket in the large deep dish. Marinade for at least 3 hours.
- Heat the oven to 120°C fan / 140°C.
- Pour the beef stock, orange juice, passata and red wine in a large jug.
- Pour the mixture into the dish with the marinaded beef brisket. Cover with a lid and slow cook for 5 hours. Turn the meat halfway through.
- Once the brisket is cooked. Place the brisket in a roasting tin. Move the pan to the hob and reduce down to a thick BBQ sauce.
- Finish the brisket by pouring over the BBQ sauce and grilling for 5 minutes. You will have excess sauce so you don't need to pour all of it over. Serve with fresh baked bread or wraps with avocado, green salad and remaining BBQ sauce.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE RECIPES SIGN UP BELOW: