Sometimes you donâ€™t always have time to make breakfast in the morning. These breakfast muffins are perfect to make the night before or at the weekend when you have a little extra time.
This recipe is from my first book, Clayton’s Plant Based Cookbook, which can be purchased from the shop link at the top. All profit from this book goes to Alzheimerâ€™s Society.
Blueberry & Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 4 Small bananas
- 45 g Coconut oil
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Milled flaxseeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 225 g Plain flour
- 75 g Rolled oats
- 100 g Blueberries
- Â½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- Â½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Â½ tsp Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160Â°C fan/180Â°C/gas mark 4.
- In a bowl mix the flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water to create the flax egg. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher until they form a puree.
- Mix together the bananas, flax egg, melted coconut oil and vanilla bean paste in a bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until a thick batter is formed.
- Line the muffin tin with 6 muffin cases.
- Place an ice cream scoop worth of batter in each muffin case and put in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the baking tray and place on a wired rack to cool slightly before serving.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE RECIPES SIGN UP BELOW FOR FREE TO BE ALERT EVERY TIME A NEW RECIPE IS UPLOADED!