Made from roasted cauliflower which gives it a deep earth flavour, blitzed with oat milk to give a really simple creamy cauliflower sauce, stirred through linguine pasta.
This vegan Alfredo sauce is a low-calorie and low fat sauce which is a perfect replacement for traditional homemade Alfredo sauce. It’s naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free. It works perfectly with pasta and could even be used as a vegan white sauce in lasagne or would work well with chicken.
Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo
- 1 Large cauliflower head
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5-6 Cloves of garlic
- 400-500 ml Oat milk, Depends on the size of the cauliflower
- 240 g Lingiune pasta
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan.
- Break the cauliflower down into florets with the garlic cloves and toss in the oilve oil. Place on a roasting tray and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the garlic and cauliflower is soft and slightly charred.
- Once cooked, put the cauliflower ( leave a few florets to go ontop of the dishes) and garlic in the blender and blitz until a puree, while gradually adding the oat milk until it reaches the correct consistency to coat pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to the cooking instructions in salted water. Drain, then toss through the sauce, plate up with the remaining florets .
IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE RECIPES, SIGN UP BELOW FOR FREE: